We understand that the last thing you want, on your wedding day, is to worry about allergies, either for yourself, or any guests, so if you need to order an allergy free cake, please read the general advice section below and also the section relating to your particular needs.
- Order the whole cake to meet your dietary needs and so minimise any risks of cross contamination when the cake is dismantled, cut and served.
- Order (for example) a gluten free tier as part of the main cake (use the “Special Requirements/Allergy Information” text box found on the checkout page during ordering).
NB If you/your guest cannot tolerate even traces of a particular food, then you are safest to order all parts of your cake to be free from the particular ingredient, to avoid possible contamination when the cake is dismantled and served.
- Order a separate, labelled box of allergy free cupcakes or gift-boxed cake or extra portion cake, for yourself or guests with particular requirements, using the “extra portion cakes section”.
- Please tell us if you/your guests have a food related allergy, so that we can ensure your cake meets these needs. This is done in the “Special Requirements/Allergy Information” text box, for the main cake, or in the “extra portion cakes” section if you are ordering a separate gift cake/ cupcake gift box or extra portion cake for those with special dietary needs.
- When you have placed your order, please also check your order confirmation to ensure that your allergy/dietary needs are noted.
- Since allergies/special diets affect everyone differently, once your order has been processed, we will also want to speak to you or your guest by phone to make sure we fully understand your needs, so please call us at least one month before your wedding if you have not heard from us.PLEASE ENSURE THAT WE HAVE FULL CONTACT DETAILS
- If you discover food issues after you have ordered, please call us as soon as possible and (as long as your cake hasn’t been baked!) we can update your order.